Monday, August 16, 2010

First Day of Third Grade!

Welcome to 304! I am excited to have the opportunity to teach your child this year. We will be using this blog to communicate with you things that we do in the classroom. I hope you will find this blog to be a useful tool.


On our first day, we read "Friends to the End." While listening, students were to think about one thing that they could do this year to be a better friend. Here are some examples from the class:


"Be nice."

"Help a friend if they need help."

"Do less talking."

"If I see someone alone at recess I could say want to play with me?"

"Play with other friends more often."

"To be a good friend, I need to listen a little more."

"Stop bossing my friends around." :)

"Don't fight."


As you can see, we already have a good start to what it means to be a true friend.

No comments: